Epson Printers are very popular printers. They have a wide range of products to meet the needs of various businesses.
Epson offers both desktop and mobile printers. It also has a wide range of accessories such as ink cartridges, toner cartridges, and wireless connectivity kits.
Sometimes, If the printouts you make are fading or looking blotchy, it may be time to change your ink cartridges.
Low ink levels can cause the ink nozzle to dry out and clog, causing your printer to try to create more ink than it should and perhaps break down over time.
Remember that all the Epson inkjet printers are ink-based and require toner, cartridges, or tanks. Where only a small amount of ink may be added, and when this ink runs out, the printer displays the replacement cartridge error.
In addition, certain Epson printers continue printing blank pages without making mistakes. You should therefore periodically check the ink level in the printer.
How to Check Ink Levels On Epson Printer
Checking ink levels on your printer is very important. You should always check the ink level before printing a new document. It is also good if you check the ink level before printing a large document or many documents.
There are basically two methods to check the ink level on an Epson printer.
- Through Epson Printer Settings
- Through Windows or Mac Settings
1 – Through Epson Printer Setting
There are three methods to check the Epson ink level through Epson printers
- Using the Dialogue Box which appears before the printout
- Using a Progress Meter Dialogue Box
- Using Epson printer panel
# Using the Dialogue Box which appears before the printout
- Start the Printer.
- Then open your PC’s browser and choose “File”.
- After choosing the file select print or type the command CTRL + P to print.
- To access the options and controls for your printers, select properties or preferences.
- Select the icon that is located directly next to the Epson Status Monitor by clicking on the Maintenance option now.
- The illustration for ink levels is found under the category ink levels.
- You can now close the Epson Status Monitor after viewing the ink levels by hitting the OK button.
- To close the dialogue box for the maintenance tab, choose and click Cancel.
- To close the Epson Printers dialogue window, once more click the Cancel button.
# Using a Progress Meter Dialogue Box
When you send a print job to the printer, the progress meter dialogue box will show up. The ink level can be checked through this dialogue box.
You can simply check the ink levels in your printer and purchase a replacement cartridge by following these simple steps.
So, keep an eye on the ink levels frequently to ensure that your Epson Printer continues to provide you with ongoing printing service.
# Using Epson printer panel
By entering the printer settings on certain Epson printer models, you may easily check the ink level.
- Turn on your Epson printer.
- Click the menu or home button.
- To view the setup option, press the right arrow.
- Select “Setup” by tapping.
- Now Select “ink level” from the menu.
- Please click OK.
Note Some Epson Workforce printers also feature an ink symbol. You can find out how much ink is in the cartridge by clicking on it. The drop-down symbol on the printer screen is comparable to this icon
2 – Through Windows or Mac Settings
You can check the ink level using the mac or windows settings.
# Using Mac OS Settinng
- Join the Epson printer to the Mac computer.
- Switch to System Preferences.
- Select printers & scanners (print & scan or Print & Fax).
- Select Option for an Epson printer.
- On the tool, click.
- Select the tab labeled Open printer utility.
- Select Epson Status Monitor 3 from the menu.
- You must press the update button to reload the ink level if you can’t see the precise level.
# Using Winndows 8, 10, 11 OS Settinng
People usually ask about how to check ink levels on Epson printers windows 10, 11, and 8 as well. The following steps are the clear answer:
- Connect the Epson printer to a computer running Windows 8, 10, or 11.
- Launch Settings.
- From the left pane, select Bluetooth & Devices.
- From the left, select Printers & Scanners.
- You must click the Epson printer or any other best inkjet printer which you installed here.
- Click on the Printing Preferences after descending.
- In this way, the maintenance tab can be selected.
- Now Select Epson Status Monitor from the menu.
- The Epson machine’s ink level will finally be seen.
# Using the Windows 7 Control Panel
- Go to the control panel or Start by typing devices and printer into the Windows search box at the bottom of the desktop.
- Pressing the Enter key.
- Find your device using the printer and devices option.
- Now, choose properties from the submenu by performing a right-click on the Epson printer option.
- Then select the maintenance tab after clicking printing preferences.
- Select the icon by clicking on it after the Epson Status Monitor.
- Under the heading Ink levels, your printer’s ink level graphics will be displayed.
- Click the OK button to close the Epson status monitor after viewing the ink levels.
- To close the dialogue box for the printing preferences of Epson printers, click OK once more.
Where to buy the new ink cartridge?
Any printer store, Amazon, or the Epson website are good places to purchase ink or toner. however, be sure you are buying branded ink. Don’t choose the less expensive option.
Can I use a different Ink Cartridge for my Epson Printer?
This is where the problem begins. Inks are manufactured in factories and are not designed to be used with every machine.
They’re specifically designed for specific brands of machines. So if you use a different brand of printer than what it was designed for, you may have problems.
If you do buy ink for your new printer, be sure to follow the instructions on the packaging to use it in the right printer. The Epson Stylus C88 will accept all standard cartridges. If you don’t have one, check the box for compatible cartridge info.
Why doesn’t my computer’s Epson Status Monitor 3 display the ink volume?
It appears that you have disabled the extended settings or speed & print settings’ Epson Status Monitor 3 option.
Therefore, you must go there and turn it on.
How to turn on Epson Status Monitor 3 Option?
You can enable Epson Status Monitor 3 option by using these steps:
- Click on the Control Panel.
- Select Devices & Printers.
- Select right-click on the Epson printer.
- Select Printing Preferences from the menu.
- A maintenance tab will appear.
- If you don’t click on the Speed & progress option, select Extended settings.
- Examine Enable Epson Status Monitor 3 in the menu.
- Click the “Ok” button.
How do I get my Epson printer to print with low ink?
- Hold the ink button down when opening the lid.
- Lift the lid of the cartridge that is out of ink when the ink holder is in the proper position.
- Then, without removing the cartridge, close the lid.
- Continue printing while closing the lid.
When an ink cartridge is getting close to its life expectancy, the majority of printers should give you a low reading.
In most cases, you may also check levels directly through the printer and refer to the printer handbook for more details.
A number of printers may come with a cartridge level indicator that will let you know when the cartridge is getting close to empty.
If your printer does not have such an indicator, you can check the ink levels by looking at these methods that we stated above.
The ink level should be fairly high on the cartridge if there is no leak. As the ink gets lower, the ink will start to flow from the cartridge orifice.
Rhea James is a dedicated researcher. I’m fascinated by office items and enjoy learning more about them so that you can simplify your workday.
On this website, I share all of my personal experiences and ideas, as well as the best products, information, and shopping advice.
If you enjoy my product reviews and writing, please share them.
Keep Visiting, and keep Shining.