Therefore, if you’re a Canon user who needs a quick remedy for their printers, this detailed article will show how to reset canon printers using different ways.
4 Ways to Reset Canon Printer
Some of the greatest printers on the market right now are Canon printers, especially the Pixma inkjet line, which is renowned for its superiority.
But occasionally, for whatever reason, your Canon printer might not function at its best.
You should be able to resume printing after performing a reset on your Canon printer.
You should consider performing a Canon printer reset in such instances. Resetting your canon printer can fix technical problems like slow printing, printing blank pages, or unresponsive printers.
These ways will walk you through the steps of resetting your canon printer and restoring it to its best. If you’re interested in learning more about the Canon Pixma printer line, you can click here.
We’re going to talk about all four of the different sorts of resets for Canon printers.
- Use a Hard Reset to reset Canon Printer
- Use a Factory Reset to reset Canon Printer
- Use a Power Reset to reset Canon Printer
- Use an Ink Reset to reset Canon Printer
#1 How to Reset Canon Printer Using Hard Reset
You can return your Canon printer to its original factory settings by performing a hard reset. How to execute a hard reset is as follows:
- First, until you hear the alarm ring, press and hold the Stop button on your Canon printer.
- The second step is to don’t let go of the Start button until the alarm has flashed or rang at least 19 times.
- No, your canon printer should now be back to its factory settings.
- The printer driver must now be removed from your computer network and installed again with the most recent drivers.
- Congratulations, Your Canon printer will be ready to use after the reinstallation procedure is finished!
To learn more about the most recent Canon printer drivers, get in touch with the manufacturer’s customer service department.
#2 How to Reset Canon Printer Using Factory Reset
The factory reset returns your printer to its default settings as it came out of the box, but there are a few key variations between the two.
The factory reset can be completed as follows:
- Firstly, click Setup on your Canon printer.
- Then, using the arrow keys, select Device settings and click OK.
- After that, select Reset settings and click OK.
- Find the Reset option, then click OK.
- Decide Yes.
- Congratulations, Your canon printer is successfully reset.
#3 How to Reset Canon Printer Using Power Reset
A power reset is a softer reset type, but it can still work to restore your Canon Printer to its factory settings.
This is how to reset the Canon Printer using Power Reset:
- Turn off your Canon printer first.
- Next, disconnect your printer entirely before removing the power line from the main power source.
- Reconnect the power cable to the outlet and switch the appliance on.
- Attach the Ethernet cable to your Canon printer.
- Run a test print to determine if the problem has been fixed.
#4 How to Reset Canon Printer Using an Ink Reset
The inkjet printers are the printers that eject a small droplet of ink from an inkjet print head onto paper or another substrate. The inkjet print heads are controlled by a computer to form images on a page.
A specific built-in chip is placed in inkjet printers to alert users when the device runs out of ink and needs to be refilled.
In some cases, an ink reset is required for your Canon printer rather than a true cartridge replacement.
To return your printer to a functioning state, follow these instructions for resetting the ink:
- Firstly, take the ink cartridge out of your Canon printer and place it into the mechanism’s main channel.
- The second step is to make sure the ink cartridge’s chip is operating correctly and is in touch with the tool’s plate.
- Thirdly, gently hold the ink cartridge until you see the chip resetter’s LED light flash.
- Hold off until the light is stable.
- After that, you must take the cartridge out of the chip resetter and carry out the procedure once more with any additional ink cartridges that might also need to be reset.
- Congratulations, your canon printer is now successfully reset.
- Lastly, if you want to see if the problem has been fixed, install the ink cartridges in your Canon printer and print a test page.
More Ways to Reset Cannon Printer
#1 How to Reset Canon Ink Cartridge Using the Color Start Button
The Color Start Button is used to reset a Canon ink cartridge. Using the Color Start button on the Canon Pixma Series All Models, you can reset the Canon ink cartridge.
If your printer does not have this function, please see one of the above solutions which we discussed.
This is how you do it:
- Verify the printer is turned on.
- Reset and Color Start should be simultaneously pressed, and hold them for at least 5 seconds.
- Now release both the reset and color buttons and wait for at least 20 seconds.
- Press the Tool button when the display shows 1.
- The letter A is now visible. In the same motion, press the Tool and Reset buttons.
- Release both buttons when the flashing stops. and then turn off the canon printer.
- Press the Power and Reset/Stop buttons simultaneously.
- The Power LED will start to shine. While continuing to hold the Power button, hit the Stop and Reset buttons twice.
- Pull back on both buttons.
- Now that the Printer is in Service Mode,
- The LEDs will change to green. Now Press the Stop or Reset button.
- Once, press the Orange button for Print for service test.
- Double-click the Green button for EEPROM data printed.
- Three times press the Orange button for Initializing the EEPROM.
- Four times press the Green button for Resetting the waste ink counter.
- Five times press the Orange button for Settings for destinations.
- Six times press the Green button to make deep cleaning of both the black and colour print heads.
#2 How to Reset Canon Printer Wifi Password
You can reset canon printer wifi passwords using three ways
Reset Canon Printer Wifi Password through Canon Printer
- Turn on your Canon printer by pressing the Home button.
- Select Settings in step two.
- Thirdly click on Setup.
- Now Choose Reset Password in step four.
Reset Canon Printer Wifi Password through Windows Operating System
You can also use the Windows operating system to change the password on your Canon printer.
- Open the Control Panel.
- Choose Devices and Printers in step two.
- Then, Right-click the Canon wifi icon.
- Now select Properties.
- Click Reset Password in step five.
- Finally, Change the password and save the modifications.
Reset Canon Printer Wifi Password through Web Browser
How can I change the password on my Canon WiFi?
- By clicking on your printer in a web browser, you may view its status.
- The password for the printer cannot be accessed without the printer serial number.
- Make sure the Network key settings contain the Wireless Direct capability enabled.
- You can change here your wifi password.
Why is my Canon printer not responding?
Because you’re using an outdated or incorrect printer driver, your printer may not be responding. You should update the driver for your Canon printer to check if that applies to you.
What is the best small wireless printer?
Wireless printing is becoming more popular as a way to connect printers to computers. You can use wireless printing if you have a computer that has a wireless network card installed.
This article Best Wifi Printers For Home And Office With Cheap Ink 2023 reviews and compares several different wireless printers to help you find the right one for your needs.
Why my canon printer won’t connect to wifi?
There could be a number of causes for the computer error Canon printer won’t connect to wifi, including corrupted drivers, network problems, or a change in a Wi-Fi network.
These suggestions will help you prevent this problem:
- Canon printer reset.
- Examine Printer Errors.
- Reinstall faulty drivers
Where Is My Canon’s Printer WPS Button?
The WPS button is only found on higher-end models. It allows you to set up the printer as a wireless access point for other devices, and it also has some security functions.
- Press the arrow keys to start a wireless LAN configuration to start wireless setup or a wireless network setup.
- Click the Push Button Technique or WPS method to start using it after logging in.
- Your router’s WPS button can be used to initiate the WPS connection.
- You have two minutes to finish the WPS connection.
The conclusion of this article is that if your printer is not working properly then you need to reset the canon printer in different ways. We have discussed almost all ways to reset the canon printer driver, I hope you will like it.
Rhea James is a dedicated researcher. I’m fascinated by office items and enjoy learning more about them so that you can simplify your workday.
On this website, I share all of my personal experiences and ideas, as well as the best products, information, and shopping advice.
If you enjoy my product reviews and writing, please share them.
Keep Visiting, and keep Shining.