The benefit of wireless printers is that they allow users to easily share documents and photos with others who may not have a printer. Wireless printers are very convenient for daily work, or when one is on the move a lot.
Do Canon Printer users usually want to know how to connect canon printers to wifi routers? Given that there are several ways to connect your Canon printer to the WiFi, you don’t need to be concerned if this will be your first time utilizing a wireless printer.
You may quickly connect the Canon printer to the WiFi network by carrying out the procedures in this article.
5 Ways to Connect your Canon Printer to Wifi
There are 5 simple ways to connect canon printer to wifi.
You can decide which approach will serve you the best. Despite being practical, it is not a fail-safe solution, and depending on the situation, you could need to make several connection attempts.
Most importantly, ensure sure your printer is connected and your WiFi router is operational before you start.
These methods are written below:
- Using a WPS Push Button.
- Using a WPS Pin Code.
- Using the Canon Print Inkjet App or SELPHY App.
- Connect Canon Printer to Wifi on Windows.
- Connect Canon Printer to Wifi on Mac.
#1 Using a WPS Push Button
A WPS push button is nothing but WiFi Protected Setup. If a wireless router has this setup it will connect automatically to any wifi device with our simple push of the ‘wps’ button.
This feature connects your computer, laptop, printer, and any other wifi capable device to the internet in just a matter of few seconds.
This is by far the best and easiest way to connect your printer to the internet. You just have to push the button on your wifi router and then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
This is a very useful tool available in almost all modern routers that allows you to connect multiple devices to the internet in just a few seconds.
It will connect your printer to the router and then to the internet in a matter of seconds.
Here’s how to use the WPS button to connect your Canon printer to WiFi:
- Step 1: Initially, confirm that your printer is turned on.
- Step 2: Locate your printer’s WiFi button next.
- Step 3: Press and hold the WIFI button until the light flashes at least 3 times.
- Step 4: When the power light starts to flash and the WPS button appears, press it.
- Step 5: When both the WiFi indicator and the power button are lit, the sync has been successful.
- Step 6: Congratulations, your canon printer is now connected to the WIFI.
- Press the pause button and retry step 1 if the sync is unsuccessful.
Keep in mind to connect your wireless device and printer to the same network. For instance, a Canon printer can be linked to five devices at the same time.
Although not all routers have this feature, it is a simpler and quicker method of making a wireless connection to your printer.
#2 Using a WPS Pin Code
WPS pin code is a wireless network security code, which is used to set up and connect to wireless networks.
It is used to change the security features of wireless networks and can protect the wireless connection from outside intruders and hackers. WPS pin code is mostly used with routers and other networking devices.
Even though this approach could be the most challenging, it can be used if the prior two approaches don’t work.
Observe these instructions to connect to your printer using a WPS Pin Code:
- Step 1: Place two letter-sized paper sheets inside and make sure that your printer is turned on.
- Step 2: When you see the power light flashing, continue to hold down the WiFi button.
- Step 3: Press the WiFi button again.
- Step 4: The printer will print out the information you need to set up your wireless printing, which will also include your WPS Pin Code.
- Step 5: Until the alarm light blinks sixteen times, press and hold the stop button on the printer.
- Step 6: After the sixteenth blink, let go of the stop button. Now that it’s ready, your printer can connect wirelessly.
- Step 7: Enter the WPS Pin Code by accessing the internal settings of your router via a wireless device.
# 3 Using the Canon Print Inkjet App or SELPHY App
How to connect the canon printer to wifi usinng the prinnt inkjet App?It is important to note that, Using this method requires a wireless device, such as your phone or laptop.
- If you’re using a computer, be sure to download a software installer first.
- To connect to your printer on a phone, you must download an app.
- For instance, iOS devices use the SELPHY app
- Android devices use the Canon Print Inkjet app.
Before connecting the printer to the wifi, you need to change some settings on the app which you installed: Once you installed one of the above-mentioned apps then:
- Go to the settings page and choose the Connection Settings option.
- Next, select the name of your printer and pick Direct Connection to connect to a more straightforward access point.
You can start printing after setting up your app or software by following these steps:
- Activate the WiFi on your device.
- Choose the SSID for your printer.
- Put in a password.
The serial number of your printer serves as the default password. It has nine alphanumeric characters and is printed on a sticker that is fastened to the printer’s rear Usually four alphabets and five digits.
#4 Connect Canon Printer to Wifi on Windows
Setting up and connecting the printer to the WiFi network is the first step that we discussed above.
- Step 1: Download the printer driver by visiting here canon.com/ijsetup.
- Step 2: Double-click the downloaded file to finish the installation process and move on to the following stages.
- Step 3: To launch the Run command, press the Window Key + R and Enter the command called control/name Microsoft.DevicesAndPrinters in the Run dialogue box, then select OK.
- Step 4: The folder Devices And Printers will now open. Now look for the Add Printer button that will be shown in this window.
- Step 5: Follow the prompts that appear on the screen after clicking Add Printer.
- Step 6: Click OK when you’ve finished this process.
- Congratulations, You have now finished setting up your Canon wireless printer on Windows.
#5 Connect Canon Printer to Wifi on Mac
It is possible to set up a Canon wireless printer on a MAC by following the procedures listed below:
- Step 1: Start by turning on your Mac and Canon printers.
- Step 2: Download the driver from canon.com/ijsetup and install it on your device.
- Step 3: Select System and Preference from the Apple menu.
- Step 4: Select the Printers and Scanners option from the following prompt screen.
- Step 5: After that, you must click the + Sign in order to add the printer.
- Step 6: Select your Canon printer from the pop-up window and then click add.
- Step 7: The name of your printer will appear on the left side of your screen once it has been added.
- Finally, your Mac and your Canon wireless printer are linked.
5 Reasons Why Your Canon Printer Not Connecting to WIFI
There are various reasons why you might be unable to connect your Canon printer to Wifi, but we discuss mainly five reasons below to assist you in troubleshooting the canon printer to Wifi network.
1) Forget to Turn On Your Printer
Not remembering to turn on the device is a pleasant accident that can occur to everyone. Make sure your printer is safely connected and has the power light on before configuring.
2) Having Identical Network
Another common error is joining a different network with a device, like your printer. This occurs when there are multiple WiFi networks or two networks close to a wireless router. Make sure your device and your Canon printer are connected to the same network.
3) Slow Internet Connection
The most likely cause of this problem is that the connection between your computer and printer is unstable.
Your internet connection may be slow or crash due to various reasons. For instance, if your network and printer can’t connect, it might be because your internet connection is unreliable or slow.
When this happens, restart your WiFi router and printer, then attempt syncing them once more. It is not printing.
4) Printer Wireless Feature
Sometimes it also occurs due to your printer’s wireless feature might have been turned off by mistake. The very first thing that you should do is check if your printer’s wireless feature is turned on.
5) Wifi Router is Turned Off
Well, there are lots of reasons for this issue. A most common reason is that you have enabled the wifi but the router is not turned on or is not working properly.
Now, if your printer is directly connected to your computer only via USB, then there is no problem. You should make sure that wifi on your printer is not switched off. It is better to disable the wifi if you do not use it.
How to print with a wireless printer?
Wireless printers are the best companion for laptops. Until very recently, all the printers came with a USB cable for connection to the computer.
Nowadays, especially for laptops, you will have to have a wireless printer. The installation procedure for this type of printer is slightly different than the one with USB cables.
Steps of printing with a wireless printer:
- The steps to printing wirelessly are as follows:
- Make sure you have installed a wireless printer.
- Make sure your computer and the wireless printer are compatible.
- Make sure you have installed the printer on your system.
- Turn on the printer.
- Turn on the wireless computer and connect to the wireless network of the wireless printer. Next, print a test page. You might need to look at the printer manual for help.
Why does my printer show offline?
When you see offline on your printer, it means that the printer has lost connection with your computer. Though the printer driver might show offline, the printer is actually functional.
The message “Offline” actually doesn’t mean anything. There are two ways to fix the printer offline issue: restarting your printer and rebooting your computer.
Why is my Canon printer not responding?
It seems like sometimes the canon printer may be experiencing a problem. If you have tried different outlets, then probably your printer is experiencing a technical issue.
Troubleshooting your Printer using these steps:
- The first step that you should take when troubleshooting any printer issue is unplugging the printer for about ten minutes.
- Since printers are electric-powered devices, leaving it plugged in for extended periods of time can result in overheating of the electrical components and damage to your printer.
- A cool-down period is always a good idea.
- After unplugging your printer, try printing the same document again.
- If the problem persists, then you may need to call a Canon printer tech support professional.
Canon printers connect to your home wifi network automatically without any extra configuration. But sometimes they don’t work. This article will help you troubleshoot and fix your printer if it isn’t connecting to the internet.
If your Canon printer is not connecting to wifi, it’s likely because you don’t have a good internet connection. Maybe, you don’t have a strong wifi signal, you may need to move closer to your router.
You can also try turning off your firewall temporarily to see if that helps. If none of these solutions work, you may need to contact Canon directly.
Rhea James is a dedicated researcher. I’m fascinated by office items and enjoy learning more about them so that you can simplify your workday.
On this website, I share all of my personal experiences and ideas, as well as the best products, information, and shopping advice.
If you enjoy my product reviews and writing, please share them.
Keep Visiting, and keep Shining.